Disclaimer: Since I share my experience and knowledge with awesome people like you, naturally my content may contain affiliate links I mention. If you take action (i.e. subscribe, make a purchase) after clicking one of these links, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
This blog is about passive income ideas for software developers and graphic designers. I aim to provide you with new ways to make money outside your day job, without spending any additional time on it. If you're looking to earn more money or just want some new ideas, this blog might be helpful!
If you are a software developer or designer, there are many ways to make passive income with your skills. The first way is by selling the product that you developed - for example, if you created a game, then you can sell it on iTunes or Google Play. You could also offer premium features in exchange for monthly payments; this would be like an app that has premium features but is free to download. Another idea is to create an online course about something related to what you do (for example, tutorials for Photoshop).
Here I'm listing down all the gigs that you can do along with your current job
- Start Writing a blog
- Create digital assets, library.
- Start a YouTube Channel
- Become an Affiliate
1. Write a blog
This way is one of the simplest ways as this doesn't advance technical knowledge. There are multiple options to start writing a blog.
- Personal blog
- Write a blog for platform or someone
1. Personal blog
As you remember, in the early days of your career, you used to search your queries and learn through blogs and other resources. So just like that, now you can start your own blog where you can write articles to share experiences with other people, so they can get help from that.
2. Write a blog for platform or someone
In this, you can join the platforms that want to you write blogs for them as they want. Like about their products, services for the customer.
- The Programming language you are good at.
- The Problems that you used to face frequently.
- Tutorials to build products.
For Hosting You can Sign up here: FastComet Hosting
2. Create digital assets, library
There are multiple kinds of digital assets that you can create or build and sell through such platforms.
Kind of Digital Assets:
- Create a reusable program or library.
- Sell you are designs - create a Mobile Application Icons ( Graphics Designer )
- Create Themes and Templates. - Learn HTML, Bootstrap and Start building them.
- Do T-shirt design for Merchants
3. Start a YouTube Channel
Setting up a new YouTube Channel is simple. It helps if you already have a Gmail account, which allows you to associate your new channel with your email address.
- Sign in to Youtube
- Click your picture in the top right corner (desktop version)
- Select “Create a Channel”
- Decide if you want to use the name associated with your email address or create a custom name for your channel
- Update details to the “about” section
- Customize the look of your channel with a cover photo and profile picture
- Upload your first video
- Add playlists, fill out your profile with more details, and link to your other social media accounts
Edit with Video Editing Software
If you’re new to video editing, you’d do much better with simple programs like Windows Movie Maker or Apple iMovie. These are a lot more user-friendly and are easily downloadable (for free). If you don’t already have them on your computer.
It doesn't require to use of any advanced software to edit your videos.
4. Become an Affiliate
This is more simple compare to all mentioned options above. As this doesn't require technical knowledge of any kind. There are lot more platforms where you can signup as an Affiliate
What is an Affiliate? How to be Affiliate?
In this program, you can help platforms to make the sale of a product or service and earn a commission per sale.
- Sign up / Register as Affiliate
- You will get your referral link to share.
- Share referral links with your friends